Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thoughts... and really cute boots


Thoughts...


If you pick up after yourself and everyone else in your house right away it never gets overwhelming. I'm not sure this is totally foolproof but it has worked for me for a week now and I am blissfully happy when it comes to the state of my home. I'm not sure anyone else is learning anything but I know that I am. This doesn't mean that no one else is cleaning but it does mean that the state of my home is pretty much clean so when I do ask them to help out they don't seem quite as resistant because it doesn't seem overwhelming. I am sure that this can not last but it has been a little over a week and so far so good...


I bought these really great boots. I want to wear them constantly! So last Sunday I wore them to my mother's for dinner. She has a pretty strict no shoe rule in her house right now but I couldn't bring myself to take them off. I love them that much. Sorry Mom. Oh, and my sister in law asked me how I did it all (meaning my super organized super awesome totally in control of everything life)and of course I said I don't. And I really don't, but part of me wonders if the boots are the reason for the question. I think they make me look that good!


We turned the desk in my den to face the wall. I know that this is totally tacky. I am over it! I love how much room there is, I love that the sun won't shine in my face while I am trying to read facebook (since there is an absence of sun today, I cannot know that for sure but I am pretty confident), I love that I will be able to do homework with my kids using the computer and not feel like we are sitting on each other, I love that its different and feels new even though its all the same old stuff.


I think that Adam and Christina are totally right to not let Hatty see Alex on the show Parenthood but I think they are totally handling it wrong. (If you don't watch Parenthood you should, its really good)


That's all.

2 comments:

benana said...

i need pictures of the boots and the office. loving your blog!

earlfam said...

Yes you're right about parenthood. Their reasons are fabulous and dead on right. But they're complete idiots to think they can just say "you can't see him anymore" and think it's going to work. We're they ever teenagers? Have they ever actually met a teenager, let alone their daughter who has proven to be less than trustworthy again and again?