Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday is a happy day when church is at 9am!


It's a new year.

It's Sunday.

To us Mormons this means a new church time.

We share our church building with 2 other congregations so our services are spread out throughout the day. So last year our family went to church from 1:00pm to 4:00pm.

This in my opinion is the worst time to go.

My littlest was always ready for a nap and the rest of my kids were rowdy from being kept inside all morning.

Our new church time is 9am.

I love love love it.

It is spectacular!

It is great.

It makes me want to dance.

I can get up at 8.

Get everyone fed and dressed by 8:45.

Walk out the door.

Make it in plenty of time to sit a breathe for a minute.

Then worship for a few minutes at least.

That's usually all I get, with six kids I am calling it a win.

My job in the church is to teach all the kids 3 through 12 songs for 40 min.
I teach the younger kids for 20min and then the older ones for 20min.

This is hard for me but I am learning slowly to love it and to not be quite so nervous every week.

At 12:00 we head for home and then I have the rest of the day to spend with my family.

Time for a nap, if I want one.
That might be my favorite part.

The pictures I am sharing today are of Riley and Colton.

They are having fun on the couch.

They can do this because we have 9:00 church and we are home by 12:00 and then the possibilities are endless.

I love Sundays!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I thought you did a great job today in Primary. Honestly I was expecting a much more nervous sister, but you didn't come across that way at all. You handled the random junior primary comments beautifully and you weren't just teaching words to a song, you were teaching gospel principles. Well done.

Alison Wonderland said...

The dancing will work nicely with the re-commitment to work out from your previous post. I'm not quite as in love with 9am church as you are but maybe I'll get there.