Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January 26th 2010

01-26-2010

I am thinking...I might try and relate today’s blog to running. I’m guessing I can steer all my answers that way. Let’s see.


I am thankful for... trails. I love where I live. The trails in Draper, UT are so amazing and I literally live within running distance of about 20 that serve me very well. I love the hills especially the downhill. There is something so great about the dirt and the trees and the smell and the wildlife and o.k. all of it. They are AWESOME. I remember my amazing sister-in-law telling me about them 8 years or so ago, how much she loved running them and how beautiful they were, and me laughing and knowing that I would never run them and for sure would never love them if I did ever run them. How wrong I was. Little did I know how much I was going to need running after I each kid. I need the release, the challenge, the solace, the meditation. I need it all to make my happy little world go round.


From the kitchen... protein shakes and something I am loving right now. For the most part I am not that girl. I really like to just eat/drink things that I will be eating and drinking 10 years from now. I am not a fan of diets that will not translate to real life. This aside, my friend gave me some protein powder and I love it. I crave it! Its my treat. I like it with a frozen banana and some ice. It is such a treat and it really helps with my appetite.


I am wearing... jog bra, black tank, black/white/pink hoodie, yoga pants, and bare feet. I haven’t changed from running this morning. I know that this is bad but there it is. Sometimes I just don’t get to it until dinner time.


I am creating.... habits. I love the tread class at the gym. I have been a few times but twice in the last week. It kicks my butt. I love running especially if it kills me. I have such a hard time with treadmills, they are so boring but this class is great. I almost think it would be an asset while I am training for a race. Today we did a ton of speed training. It was hard!

I am going... to run a half marathon in August and maybe one sooner if I can find one. I should get on that.

I am reading... I read Olive Kitteridge last week. It was really good. It is such an interesting book. It can be depressing for some but I love how much it made me think. It takes people from all different backgrounds, different walks of life, and it explains a lot of why and how they ended up who they are. It is a novel in stories and most of the stories never get finished but it helped me. I always think that everyone thinks like I do so I can’t figure out why they react to things different than I would. I mean I know that we are not all the same but it just helped me broaden my tolerance and understanding and I loved it. I am reading “Her Fearfull Symmetry” by Audrey Neffininger right now. I love it so far but we will see.


I am hearing... I am listening to the new Kris Allen album and I love it. I am excited because a few of the songs will be really great to run too. I always love new music on my runs.

Blog I am enjoying… did you guys check out last weeks? It is so great. Here is one that I have been following for a long time. I love it. I love her. She is really someone that I could be friends with. It is another very religious blog which is actually weird for me because I don’t really wear my religion on my sleeve like these women do but they inspire me just the same. http://adashofhumblepie.blogspot.com/ just an fyi on this one…she never says what she is struggling with. I spent a good few weeks going back and reading old posts trying to figure out how I missed what her trial is. She never says, it bothered me at first but not now. I get it and I almost love her all the more for it. She is amazing.

One of my favorite things... I forgot until just now that I already told you guys about my protein shakes last week, right here on this blog. Sorry. My favorite thing this week is my Saucony running shoes. I love the brand and that every time I put on my running shoes I feel like I am walking on pillows.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I’m going on a girls trip to Bear Lake this weekend. Can’t wait to have some friend/me time. It will be so fun to just relax and enjoy my sweet friends for a few days.

A picture to share... this is a picture from a race I did over a year ago. So fun! I love my running friends!

1 comment:

Migillicutty said...

I love the 'blog to share thing... =)