Tuesday, February 9, 2010

February 2nd, 2010

02-09-2010

I am thinking...Well, I just balanced my check book and I am thinking I am pretty broke. How’s that for depressing?


I am thankful for... so many things today. My kids, my spouse, my sanity. In the last 11 years I have been pregnant 5 times and then nursed after the babies were born for a full year so I have either been pregnant or nursing most of the last 11 years. It is so nice to be doing neither. I enjoy my sanity. It is amazing how different my husband and my life look when all my hormones are balanced properly. I have a good life. Oh and the sun is shining and it is gorgeous outside, that helps too.


From the kitchen... nothing going on in the kitchen today. I should have made turkey and cheese rolls but I didn’t so my kids will probably have to buy lunch tomorrow. Oh well, maybe they can take ramen.

I am wearing... black hoodie, blue waffle shirt and yoga pants no shoes. I am comfy and happy.

I am creating.... flower bow things for my girls hair. I have been working on these for a while and I really need some jewels to go in the middle of them but I can’t find any I love so they are still sitting in a box. I really need to get it in gear.


I am going... to drop my daughter off at “tv star school” Yes my daughter Riley is totally into acting/making a fool out of herself. She loves it and I love that I found a class for her to take to help her excel at that.


I am reading... Dear John (not my normal kind of book) Mostly I am not a fan of Nicholas Sparks but my book club picked it and sometimes I really like a no brainer. I am not loving it but its o.k. and somewhat engaging. I finished Her Fearful Symmetry. It was really good. I love how Audrey Neffineger suspends reality and just doesn’t care that it doesn’t make sense and doesn’t try to explain it. She is a gifted writer.


I am hearing... quiet, although I have been listening to the same song over and over again because my daughter had her favorite song on repeat all afternoon. (really really annoying!)


Blog I am enjoying… frenchieandflea.blogspot.com I love that this blog dabbles a little in everything. I am a big fan of the fashion section. I love anthropoligie but refuse to pay for it and I love that they find the same look at more affordable places. Cute!

One of my favorite things... pretzels. What is it about the salty yummy goodness that makes me so happy! I love them!


A few plans for the rest of the week... Nothing crazy really. I am headed to dinner and movie with friends tonight. Friday is Riley and Jillians birthday and Brian and I are going to take them out. Then Saturday, I think I am going on a date with my spouse for valentines day.


A picture to share... Here’s a picture of my skiing adventure two weekends ago. I am not a skier but it was fun to go with friends and do something different for a change.

2 comments:

Migillicutty said...

Nasty? What is THAT about? ;)

Unknown said...

Way to hit the black diamond runs, Mel.