Friday, January 1, 2010

December 31st 2009

12-31-09 (not really but we can pretend, right?)

Outside my window... darkness. It is night and I am trying to get this done before the day is through. It is late but I am going to focus this post on Christmas week and then do another one about my goals for the new year and new topic questions for the new year.

I am thinking...about how great Christmas was this year. We did three gifts for our kids and it was perfect. It was nice to not have a million.

I am thankful for... My Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. I finished the Book of Mormon yesterday and it was great to really be able to focus more on the Savior this year than the past few and remember all He did for me and all He asks of me. I need to do better.

From the kitchen... There is way too much junk in my kitchen. Tomorrow it is all going in the garbage, I promise!

I am wearing... My new pink sweat suit. It is so comfy and I love it because my sweet friends gave it to me and it was the perfect gift. I have great friends!

I am creating.... Good Memories! This really was the perfect Christmas.

I am going... to friends to play cards. I love that we have a standing date with the Davies to hang out and enjoy each others company. They are true good friends and I love that I can be myself with them.

I am reading... The Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, yep still reading it. Its long and not really my normal kind of book. I am ready to be done with it but it keeps going and going and going.

I am hoping... For a peaceful home. More of that to come.

I am hearing... quiet…

Around the house... Christmas is down. It was great and I loved a new thing I started this year of hanging my Christmas cards on the railing. IT really was cute and was a fun reminder everyday of all the great people we know.

One of my favorite things... My kids joy on Christmas morning. They really were so joyful this year. There were no tears and they were so excited to give each other the gifts they had picked out for each other. It was pretty awesome. I think next year we will have them draw names and just give to one sibling. I think it will be fun to have them really think about what that person wants and maybe even contribute to the cost of the gift. That might help my bank account as well. I also hope next year to do my gifts a little different. I want them to really mean something so I think we will do a want, a need, and a spiritual gift of some sort. I really want to focus more on the meaning of Christmas and I think this will help. I also think we might need to read the nativity story in the morning before we do presents. We always do it the night before with my whole family but it might be nice to do it just with us and really talk about what we are celebrating.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Get my house in order.


A picture to share... Christmas morning.

2 comments:

earlfam said...

That Marcus is a good photographer!

Cj Lehi said...

The kids started their own tradition of reading the Christmas story from Luke and other books on Christmas morning before we go downstairs. That's been a wonderful thing for us all. I recommend it.

I'm glad your Christmas was perfect. Ours was as well.