Tuesday, January 12, 2010

01-12-2010

Is it bad that I have no idea what the date is? I will have to go look at my phone since I can’t figure out how to find it on my computer. Oh, I lied, I found it on my google homepage. It’s the 12th.

I am thinking...Well, just a minute ago I was thinking that if I keep eating the valentine m&m’s out of my canister in my kitchen, I will be fat and sad because they look so cute in the canister in the kitchen. Whatever.
I am thankful for... Faith. I am having major trouble with the “not yelling” I am supposed to be doing. I am grateful for prayer and hope that if I do it enough then this will get easier. It’s just, I can’t help it, the people in my house are so frustrating!
From the kitchen... m&m’s as previously mentioned and taco soup in the crockpot. I am trying to decide whether to make cornbread. It sounds so good but if I make it I will undoubtedly eat it, and that will not be good since I didn’t run today.
I am wearing... black shirt, pink sweats, no shoes. I am in love with my barefeet today. I hope I won’t have to put on shoes at all today.
I am creating.... I’ve been working on a few quilts. I think I have at least 5 in all different stages. I hope I will finish at least one before I start another but there are no guarantees. Also I really want to make this … http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=20&f=4534 and this… http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=41&f=4529
and I am not sure I am going to be able to talk myself into waiting until another project is done before I do at least one of these.
I am going... nowhere fast… no really, I don’t think I am going anywhere today! YEAH!
I am reading... I never finished “Outlander” by Diana Gabaldon, it was horribly long and I just couldn’t make myself finish. Since then I read “The Actor and The Housewife” by Shannon Hale. I really liked it. Unlike my sister Diana, I didn’t find it predictable but I did find it totally unrealistic. I found it very thought provoking, sad, and really funny, though. I would recommend it to anyone. It is nice to have a Mormon character in a book and not have her be weird or whatever. She was just normal, like me, and I liked that.
I am hearing... Peace and quiet. All is still in my home right now and I like it. If this happened a little more often I might be able to keep myself from yelling. Maybe I just need to really embrace the quiet when it happens and that would help. I think I will try it. Maybe a nap, even.
Blog I am enjoying… http://greenweddingshoes.blogspot.com I love to find new blogs that make me want to improve or inspire me to take time away and create something. I guess that you could say I am somewhat of a closet artist. I think I am pretty good at recognizing beauty or at least what is pleasing to our eyes and recreating it either in a photograph or picture or even a logo or a book cover. It comes very natural to me so I just assume everyone can do that, but I am told that it doesn’t, and that I have a talent. I like that. This blog is pretty amazing. I have loved going back a looking at all the amazing photographs on this blog. I really want to take my kids out and start snapping photos and then bringing them back and playing with them in photoshop. I love to do that but I have a hard time finding the time.
One of my favorite things... Today one of my favorite things is… red and pink m&m’s.
A few plans for the rest of the week... 12th night http://12thnight.eventbrite.com/ My brother is really cool and he does a fundraiser every year called 12th Night. It is fun and a good way to contribute to something and also have fun doing it. Have I mentioned he is my hero. Well, he is, and his wife is also. She is by far the most amazing mother of eight I have ever met. If I could be half the parent that either of them are I would be very lucky and my kids would be even luckier. As it is, they are stuck with me and my need to yell. At least they have Brian. He is a really good Dad.
A picture to share... I am sharing this because it may be the coolest thing I have ever seen. I don’t think it is legit but it is cool just that same (no this is not an announcement). When I am ready, I will tell you all, but as I have said my house needs to be a house of PEACE before I bring another person in it.




Sorry so wordy this week. I guess I was just inspired by the quiet. As I mentioned, it doesn’t happen a lot!
Melanie

1 comment:

Migillicutty said...

Very nice post. That bedspread is very pretty.

I MUST READ anything by Shannon Hale... being requested at the library... now.


And you know we all love your artsy pix!