Monday, December 21, 2009

December 21st 2009

12-21-2009
Outside my window... It is so gloomy today. There is fog and just an overall sense of creepiness, or beauty, I guess. Sometimes I think that fog is so pretty the way it coats everything and just dulls the outside a little. I cannot see the mountain at all today, which for anyone that has seen my mountain out my window, knows this is a big deal and very thick fog. Maybe I will snap a photo.

I am thinking...I have been thinking I need to change this up a little and add some of my own questions and talk a little more about real things but I don’t know how quickly that will happen. This format seems easy enough that I don’t sweat doing it every week. (Although I did miss last week, and no I don’t have a great excuse.)

I am thankful for... 15 years of marriage. It was my anniversary yesterday. I can’t believe it has been 15 years. Life has been really good to me. My mother has always claimed that God really looks after me and has guided me to the people that I need to make me happy and a better person. Finding Brian and convincing him to marry me is my testimony of my Mothers words. She is right. I got so lucky! I had no idea at the time how lucky and still am blown away by it daily. He is a great man, father and friend and I love him very much!

From the kitchen... rolls in the oven, or at least I hope there are some in there fairly soon.

I am wearing... My robe, yes I need to get dressed!

I am creating.... I have been making hair clips with my girls for their friends for Christmas. It is going good but taking kind of longer than I had planned. They are really really cute though.

I am going... I have to go to Hobby Lobby today to get chains for some Christmas gifts for my sisters and oh about one hundred other places to try and get everything done. I doubt I will be successful.

I am reading... The Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, I am starting to really like it but it took me a little bit.

I am hoping... For a great week. I am hoping my house will get clean and all the laundry will get done and I can relax at least on Christmas Eve and Christmas day and maybe even the day after.

I am hearing... My kids playing. So far we have had little fighting but it is only 8:40. There is still plenty of time.

Around the house... This is not the cleanest of homes at the moment but as I said up in the hope section, I am hoping that changes soon.

One of my favorite things... Birthday gifts to Jesus. Since I was young my family has done a birthday party for Jesus on Christmas Eve and we all give him a gift. It is our form of a new years resolution. I have really been thinking about this, this year. I really want it to mean something and I really want to do it all year long. This year it will be about my relationships with my children. I have considered no more yelling in the home and punishment for myself when I do so. I think that the attitude of the home is directly related to the mother and I want the yelling to stop. I have found that I have gotten over the top in this area and that my relationship with my kids has suffered and their relationships with others suffers as well because that has become a very normal mode of conversation. I don’t like it. This is a very lofty goal. One that will be extremely hard and take a ton of work. I really think I can do it.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Anji’s birthday day tomorrow and then a lot of Christmas Merryment. It should be a great week


A picture to share... The fog outside my window.

1 comment:

Migillicutty said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

That is a lot of fog. eww.