Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The science fair


My son won a spot in the 6th grade district science fair. I am a proud Mom. This project was a lot of work on all our parts. He and I and my husband spent a lot of time on it. It was definitely a group effort which I think it needs to be. An average 6th grader is not capable of putting together a project like this on his own. That being said, I think he learned a lot. He did all of the teeth brushing and a lot of the typing and compiling of data. He spent a lot of time on it and I think he was really proud of the result.

He was also really excited to tell me about the other kids experiments. I think he finds all of this really interesting, which is great because it just proves more and more that he doesn't take after me. That is a good thing especially when it comes to education.