Wednesday, December 9, 2009

December 9th, 2009

12-09-09

Outside my window... beautiful white snow and freezing temperatures I think it is 8 degrees outside right now. That is cold!

I am thinking... that I have a pretty productive few days and yet I am still in kind of a funk. I am hoping today will be better. I have errands to run and things to do that will help me feel on top of things, I hope.

I am thankful for... the closeness of the gym. It is nice to be able to get up and be at the gym within minutes. It helps me get out of bed.

From the kitchen... I had nine grain for breakfast while the kids ate fruit loops, frosted flakes, and oatmeal.

I am wearing... still wearing my workout gear from this morning but I am really planning on taking a shower and getting dressed today.

I am creating.... goodie bags for the ward party on Saturday.

I am going... target and Costco, oh and I am planning on making it to sonic’s happy hour for a diet cherry limeaid. I am pretty sure I need one of those today.

I am reading... Just finished Catching Fire. It was so great! I love this series. I can’t wait for the next book. I am still reading the Book of Mormon but have slacked a little because of the other book but plan to be back on track by the end of today.

I am hoping... my three monsters, oh I mean my three youngest children will at some point learn how to behave. I have not instilled the same sort of fear in them as the older three and they tend to be a little out of control.

I am hearing... Dora the Explorer Christmas Special. It is the new favorite and I have to admit it is not too bad.

Around the house... Chirstmas is up and my house is really quite clean today. Thanks to Catching Fire which I listened to all day yesterday I can boast that my kids bedrooms are clean and closets are cleaned out.

One of my favorite things... My green hoodie with the fur on the hood. I love it. I want to wear it everyday.

A few plans for the rest of the week... We have a ward party on Saturday as well as Jillian’s dance recital in the afternoon that same day. It should be a fun day.

A picture to share... My Family Christmas card this year. I have to comment that this is literally what Marcus looks like in all the pictures from that photo shoot. He will not stay with the kids while I am trying to take pictures and as you can see they think it is hilarious. This picture just seemed to capture the spirit of the season and I love it. I know it is unconventional but I really don’t care.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hi Mel- just wanted to say- you are a great person and you are doing a fantastic job with your kids!