Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1st 2009

12-01-09


Outside my window... a beautiful mountain. It is always there but sometimes I overlook it. Today it is mostly brown with a little white from the snow last week. It is gorgeous and I am really lucky to have this view everyday!

I am thinking... right now I am thinking about the rest of my day. I have homework to do with the kids, piano to help them practice, laundry to finish, dinner to make… luckily I am not feeling overwhelmed just ready to get it done so I can watch Battlestar Galactica with my husband.

I am thankful for... so many things. My kids, my life, my family, my spouse, my home, my friends, my gifts…

From the kitchen... I smell turkey carcass sitting in the crockpot but that isn’t what’s for dinner. Dinner is teriyaki chicken over rice.

I am wearing... jeans and a long sleeve white t-shirt no shoes. My staple outfit.

I am creating.... a happy life, or at least trying. Some days are better than others. This one is pretty good!

I am going... no where for the rest of the day, hopefully!

I am reading... Same as last week with the addition of The Book of Mormon. I am reading 30 minutes a day and am hoping to have it done by the end of the month.

I am hoping... for a Merry Christmas. My big kids peeked at their presents so I am hoping that it is still a fun Christmas and that they aren’t all crying because they thought they were getting things that their brothers and sisters got instead. It should be interesting.

I am hearing... Piano practicing otherwise quiet, which is not always a good thing.

Around the house... the Christmas tree is up but not decorated, I have a beautiful wreath that smells so good hanging on my closet door. It is starting to feel a lot like Christmas around here.

One of my favorite things... diet coke. I have had too much of it today but somehow I am o.k. with it. I love it and I needed it today.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I have book club here on Thursday night, and dinner group on Wednesday. I have plans in the works for a birthday dinner for a great friend on Friday night. Hopefully that will come together.

A picture to share... My Christmas present… Hopefully!


1 comment:

Jenny said...

HEy Mel- I just want to tell you that I think you are a great mom, friend, sister, and person. I know you are not MY sister, but I wish you were. I feel this close connection to you, and I don't really know why, nonetheless- I do, and I'm thankful for you in my life. I need a bit more of you most days. I love your last few posts- inspiring for me. I hope you are ok, and lets do lunch soon- ok? Thanks for the birthday gift and book- and for putting a GREAT couples night together. Smile.