Monday, November 16, 2009

November 16th 2009

11-16-09

Outside my window... leftover snow from the weekend a deserted playset and a lone big wheel that somehow snuck out of the garage after we put all the yard toys away for the winter.

I am thinking... about my sisters and all that they do on a daily basis. Allison is so busy and yet still continues to press on and Elizabeth is so patient (I don’t know how she does it) Catherine always sees the silver lining and Diana is so busy learning new things about herself and loving her discoveries. What amazing women I am surrounded by! I love them.
I am thankful for... This exact minute I am thankful for my husband who got up in the night with the baby after I had already been up with the 4yr.old (who was acting like a 2 year old).

From the kitchen... 9- grain this morning for me and lucky charms for the three little people.
I am wearing... my blue robe. I haven’t gotten dressed yet today. It probably should happen soon but I can’t decide if I am going to the gym and that dictates what I put on, hence the robe.

I am creating.... not sure if I am creating anything these days.
I am going... well, to the gym, maybe, other than that…. not sure if I am going anywhere.

I am reading... Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen and The Conference Edition of the Ensign (still reading both of these and loving them both!

I am hoping... to take some of what I am learning from the talks in the Ensign and put it to use. I have decided to write down some of the guidance I receive from the Lord and see how that goes. I think he is constantly guiding me and that I forget where he is steering me and tend to take my own path. I have a feeling his would be better.
I am hearing... Colton, Sadie and Marcus playing. I am pretty sure I also heard something about Marcus taking his diaper off but I am choosing to ignore that right now.

Around the house... nothing new there really. I did buy some giant jaw breakers to go in a jar in my kitchen but I don’t love the jar I put them in so I may have to go find another one. Maybe that is where I am going today.

One of my favorite things... my ipod shuffle. I love the playlist feature and the books that I listen to on it. I love books!

A few plans for the rest of the week... I need to call my brother since it was his birthday two days ago and I haven’t called him yet. (yes, I am aware of how lame I am) Other plans for the week include, the pinewood derby and book club. These things should both be very fun.
A picture to share... me yesterday, prompted by my little sister who lives in Virginia who told me a few weeks ago she didn’t even know what I look like anymore. So there you have it D. I look like this, only usually in color although I think I look better in black and white.


2 comments:

Alison Wonderland said...

This whole thing was somehow sort of melancholy but I think that may have been the picture (which I love BTW but it is a little on the depressed side) working retroactively.

Anonymous said...

hi mell how are ya? I think I caught the flu! Love ya p.s tell Justin to post!