Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Was that flirting?

Do 9 year old boys flirt? I think mine does. The other day when I was attending Justin's lacrosse game I was annoyed by this blonde boy who would not stop talking. Seriously, he was saying the stupidest things and just wouldn't stop. As I was getting increasingly annoyed I realized that this boy was really only being super obnoxious when he was around the 16-17 year old girl referee. He was saying things that didn't make sense and laughing at himself and just overall making a complete fool of himself. As I watched it became clear he was actually flirting with her or I guess a 9 yr. olds version of flirting. A guess the process goes something like this... hitting in kindergarten, kissing in 1st and 2nd grade, and now we have graduated to making a complete idiot of yourself. This boy was mine, my sweet really funny, disobedient at times boy! When did he get old enough to do things like flirt, especially with a girl twice his age? Where did my baby go?

2 comments:

benana said...

was she cute?

Heidelweiss said...

That is hilarious. My kids were NOT funny, annoying would be the proper word. I love that artist-thanks for the heads up :) Heidi